Today I have been a bit weary. I think I’m just a wee bit tired. I have so enjoyed my time with Ying Ying, but the time and energy spent doing things out of the ordinary and the effort of wanting to be a good hostess took a toll. Don’t get me wrong, I loved doing all the things I have done in the last few days, however they have contributed to my weariness, I’m sure.
Here is a quick glance at just a few of the activities from the last few days:
- Downtown Milwaukee
- Historic Lighthouse
- Milwaukee Art Museum
- Retzer Nature Center
- Thrift stores
- Bible study
- Life group
I just returned from O’Hare airport where I dropped Ying Ying off to catch her flight back to China. I grabbed a set of verse cards and sat down outside on the back deck and reviewed some of the promises of God. I melted into the cushion and simply sat for a moment. I was grateful for the safety and for the chance to just catch my breath before I would think about writing a blog post.
I sat there a minute before I realized I was crying. Tears streamed down my face I flipped through the cards with promises of God printed on them. Why so downcast oh my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God. Psalm 42:11 (Serously, that’s the first card I turned.
I wiped my tears as I continued to read but the tears kept coming. God what’s going on with me? Am I just tired? Do I miss Ying Ying? Do I miss my children? Am I going to be okay? I feel so tired and weary. I don’t have any strength to write a blog post today, but you know how much I like to encourage people. I want to write but I don’t have the energy or the strength.
I had a melt down really. God didn’t demand, “Rachel get it together!” Instead He let me cry it out. He then comforted me and we had a bit more of a chat. I had wiped off all my mascara so I went inside to grab a tissue because I had the “snotty-nosed, ugly face kind of cry” going on.
When I returned I flipped to the next section of promises of God entitled: GOD WILL GIVE YOU STRENGTH. BOOM! Then I knew what to share with you today. Let it be for the both of us!
PROMISE God will give you strength:
- …My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness… 2 Corinthians 12:9a
- Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73: 25–26
- Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and His understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Isaiah 40:28 – 29
- For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to Him. 2 Chronicles 16:9a
- So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10
- I can do everything through Him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13
I sure will miss this beautiful young lady and her precious face.
I am thankful to God for how relational I am. I am also thankful God gives strength to the weary. His promise to me was fulfilled. I started to write, went on a walk, attended a meeting, finished this blog post all after the earlier melt down. I believe God will give me continued strength and rest. He promises to do it. Let it be an encouragement for you as well. God will give you strength.